Monday, July 29, 2013

Chapter 22 Kundalini and Worldviews 2

We are faced with a smorgasbord of worldviews, all of which make claims concerning truth. We are challenged to sort through the mixture of worldviews with wisdom. People who are struggling with worldview questions are often despairing. They have a need to define the good life in order to discover hope and meaning and to unify and guide thought and action. These needs are experienced by all people, either consciously or unconsciously. All of us have a worldview with which we strive to meet such needs.
James Soloman Article on Worldviews

In my last posting, I presented three worldviews that are prevalent in our society today. They are (1) naturalism (2) theism (3) new age. Please see my previous posting for description of each.

The question I would like to deal with in this posting is: How

does kundalini rising affect our world view? Does kundalini rising collapse our worldview, or does it just dismantle certain aspects such as boundaries, defense mechanisms, constructs, etc. caused by negative influences of childhood trauma and other habits and hurts we have experienced during our lifetime?

When I experienced kundalini in 2005, I first thought that the

experience caused a collapse in my world view. I described this experience in a previous posting as both confusing and liberating; confusing because of the loss of self-definition, liberating in that I was no longer driven by old defence mechanisms or defined by restrictive boundaries.

Upon studying the above worldviews, I am now of the view that kundalini rising did not cause a collapse of my worldview. My worldview both before and after the experience was one based on theism as described in the previous posting. What collapsed was all or most of the emotional charges that were connected with an inappropriate application of this worldview in my life. In other words, my own ego content erroneously and unconsciously assumed as a result of negative past life experiences. Let me give you an example.


In the past, I experienced the sub-conscious need to justify my position in respect to my faith to others. When I was confronted with a skillful debater, I felt intimated, threatened, and fearful. I experienced the symptoms of “fight or flight” which is characteristic of the ego. I was concerned about feeling stupid, and my reaction to this would often be to keep my opinions to myself, or agreeing with the other just to avoid an argument. A long, rigorous, and tedious process of psychotherapy could possibly have rooted out the cause of this reaction and provided the means to overcome this problem. Kundalini was able to eradicate this problem instantly without any psychotherapy.


It seems that all or many of our negative past experiences that have not been properly digested are stored like energy charges in the human sub-conscious. This would be found in the “chitta” area of the mental sheath, the unconscious storehouse of past impressions and imprints. (See previous posting on the archetypal model used to understand kundalini). Kundalini, in making its accent through the subtle body, acts as a divine healer, dismantling all past undigested energy particles that (although unconscious) cause us to react to events in a certain way.

Since kundalini rising, I no longer experience the need to justify my position in respect to faith or anything else. I am more than happy to share my position with anyone who will listen, not for the purpose of changing their view, to appear clever, or to win an argument, but to establish a loving connection between them and myself.

This is one example of many changes that I have noticed.
Another very positive result from kundalini is that now all outward actions on my stage of life seem to largely correspond with my inner worldview. I no longer fight with myself to live in accordance with certain inner standards or ethics. They seem more in harmony.  The fruits of this are the fruits of the spirit found in the letter of Paul to the Galatians – love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.


My conclusion is that kundalini does not collapse our worldview but purified “chitta”, the unconscious storehouse of past impressions and imprints to bring healing to the subtle body.  It’s a powerful healing energy that dismantles negative and undigested energy deposits built-up over a life time of experiences. In the Eastern religions, these energy deposits would be called negative Karma. In Christianity, it would be called the effects of original sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment